Monday, August 25, 2008

Quarter Life Crisis




I once read an article about things a woman should achieve before she turns 30. One thing that stricked me was that a woman should own at least one piece of furniture by the time she reaches 30. I think that applies to everyone, not just women. The reason behind is that you should have your very own home that you feel you belong to. It's an article for those who are still living with their parents. Having your own place means that you're being responsible for yourself. I guess it's part of "growing up".





Congratuations if you've moved out of your parent's house. Chances are, you have a home full of your own funitures. As for me, I've moved out of my parent's house since I was 19. Still, I do not own a single piece of furniture myself. Oh well, it's a fact that I cannot change. At least I can't change it alone. Someday I will have my own place. Just not now. All I can do now is to renovate my room. However, renovation would make it even harder to move out later. Should I renovate and make myself "at home"? Or leave it alone and keep the hope for moving out alive? What should I do?

2 comments:

Elle Est Phat said...

Hmm...

Renovating your room doesn't necessarily mean that is perm. You can do it at a low budget. Think Ikea! A simple lamp, rug, mirror, bed cover or painting can change the atmosphere.

I don't see why you have to suffer your current room-space-happiness as u work your way to a delightful "owned" property.

you should keep yourself happy at all times ON LOW BUDGET. ;)

Jenna Michelle said...

heh! thanks esther! I'm getting a new bed soon la. not major renovation. Will get new rug & lamp too. Ikea rocks!! ;-)