Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Summer Resolution


I am soooo ready! Remember I was on the South Beach diet before? It was a lot of fun. I really liked the South Beach recipes. However, I haven't been cooking for about 2 years =P so I turn to the Grapefruit diet this time. It's basically South Beach (well kinda) with half a grapefruit for each meal. Just cut all the carbs out. I think it's do-able! I actually got the grapefruit diet menu from my dad. His friend who works at the hospital uses this menu for patients who need to lose a lot of weight before heart surgeries. It saids...
breakfast:
1/2 grapefruit
2 eggs
2 pieces of bacon
lunch:
1/2 grapefruit
salad (any dressing)
meat (any style)
dinner:
1/2 grapefruit
meat (any style but fish is suggested)
either salad or colourful veggies
Snacks: tomato juice or non-fat milk
Note: for lunch & dinner, eat 'til you're full. Do not modify any part of this menu specially BACON & SALAD. Continue for 12 days and rest for 2 days. Repeat if needed. Could lose up to 52 lbs for 2.5 months.
Well, I don't expect to lose 52 lbs. In fact, I don't think I will follow this diet religiously. heh I just wanna tone up and get ready for the summer!!! Oh Yung & I started running 2 weeks ago. (Yes! He exercises!!! My first time to see him exercise in 8 years!) Never notice that there's a great park next to my house with very nice running tracks. I'm adding one lap every other day. Hopefully I'll stick to this dieting/exercise routine until summer hits!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what 52lbs in 2.5 months!? or you mean 5.2kg?? it's unbelieveable!! i doubt that i can stick to this dieting..i'm so lazy! wahahaha, all can tell the supersize me! :D

Jenna Michelle said...

noo! i'm serious, it says 52 lbs!! not 5.2kg! hahahaa... it's basically no carb and yes grapefruit. I think I can manage ;-) wish me luck~

Anonymous said...

lo lik lo lik!
chickenburger

Anonymous said...

oh, but you don't need to lose 52 lbs, you are in good shape! :D if you really try it, good luck!

but, again, 52 lbs, so exactly figure!? so definitely not 49, no 51 nor 53!? muahahaha :p

Jenna Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna Michelle said...

chickenburger!!! I was a piece of chickenburger like right now!! you're making me hungry!!!!

PVC,
maahahahaa! i know! 52 lbs. I guess that's for really over weighted people la. I'll be happy with 5 lbs! =P