Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mission Accomplished




Thank you my midnight cheerleaders for dropping by to boost up my confidence! I never would have thought that you can dance hip hop to my 3 pieces. LOL! I just realized that you can't stay alone the night before a big thing. You DO need accompany and comfort. Watching Sam acting as a crazy conductor in front of my music stand, and solving a sudoku puzzle with DY was pleasantly comforting. You girls can drop by anytime in your PJs and glasses!


So I woke up happy this morning. Had breakfast, then had one last round of practice before I put on my all black witch-like performer outfit. Luckily got a cab under the rain. Arrived the exam location and registered early.




"Michelle, you're next!"

"oh... but my pianist is not here yet!"

Moments later, my pianist aka my BFF stepped in the door. heh... Thanks for being here so early after a fun night out :D




Then it's my turn. To my surprise, I wasn't nervous at all. As I wished, it was a male examiner from UK. Looked a bit like my high school orchestra teacher with the same size of belly. We started with scales: E flat major, D minor, G minor, B flat major, C major. B flat major appegio, F major appegio, C minor appegio, Dominant 7th key of G, Dimished 7th starting on D, Chromatics staring on D... etc. I played one by one, not perfect but I played them all. phew. Then BFF walked in and did the 3 pieces with me. Again, not perfect, but I didn't go brain dead in the middle of it. Then sight reading was BAD. I hate A major! Oral was okay, questions were not that difficult, but still made some mistakes. Before I knew it, IT WAS OVER! Finally done with cello exam! It wasn't great but I think I definitely passed :) I will find out the result in 7 weeks.




Now that there's no more dodgeball games, no more cello lessons until Lesley comes back from the UK, for once I have zero goal. ZERO!


4 comments:

imy said...

Let's play tennis and badminton!

Jenna Michelle said...

tennis, maybe. badminton, YES! let's have a dodgeball practice in June. I hear some anger women who wanna throw some balls! ;-)

anf said...

Congrats!!

I guess build up the body and go to beach!
I love suntan~!

Anonymous said...

anf,
yes! I'm planning to hit the beach every Sunday for a nice tan. too bad it's raining today la.
-J