Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Run Jenna Run!!!


To continue my 10km race story...

People told me not to run a couple days before that and I took the advice and beyond-- I stopped training a week before the race. LOL! Doubted I could ever run that far, but since the four of us signed up together, I can't flake on them. I just can't.


On race day, instead of going home at 6am, we got up at 6am for a change. It was a chilly 7C morning in Sheung Shui. We managed to get there and walked to the starting line RIGHT on time for the race. Told DC & Doublechin to wait for me at the finish line and they ran off, lost sight of them in the crowd shortly after we started. Bin Bin said he would jog with me at first, and then he couldn't take my snail pace and ran off into the crowd ahead of me. Hahaa... So there I was. Tired. Lonely. Out of breath... Then I saw the 2km sign. hahahahaa... Still freaking 8km to go. Many thots came and go during the race. One that stayed was, "Let's pick an easy target! I NEED TO CATCH UP WITH BIN!" Really didn't wanna be last so I ran. Ran and ran. Walked a bit and ran again. At the end, I didn't catch up with Bin Bin. Still the last person to finish as expected, but I was able to finished the race with 1 hour 9 mins 45 sec. Slow but proud :)
















January 19th 2014. The day I ran my very first 10km race!



- Jenna x

No comments: