Sunday, June 15, 2008

回鄉探親 I

You're about to begin a journey with me. My 2nd US trip in 2008. I am taking a few days off to visit family and friend before my conference in Monterey Bay that begins next week. That only means one thing-- EAT!!


Hello business class! hehe... Lucky me, I was the lucky winner for the upgrade coupon =) This is my first time with this new Cathay Pacific buz class interior with my own bed. However, I didn't sleep much on the plane. I spent my time watching 5 movies! hehe... yeah, get my money worth. Cloverfield, 27 dresses, Leon & Kelly's movie, The Spiderwick Chronicles, & Definitely, Maybe.



A snapshot of LA right before I land, and I have the song "This this LA~ all I wanna do is have a little fun before I die~" in my head! Please play this song when you read if you have it on your PC. =)


In-N-out burger!!! The first thing I wented after my arrival. Don't you wish there's one in HK?!


Then I went to get Mallow's favorite snacks, wine, steaks & ribs at Costco. Yup! We're staying home for BBQ dinner tonite & Anson is coming to mom's after work. yay~


The next day, I went to Denny's with mom for breakfast! Yummy American breakfast that I long craved for! hehe...


What's next?? SHOPPING!! Mom lives 15mins away from the Desert Hill Outlet! wooohooo~ Shop 'til we drop! heh



Then we had Vietnamese Pho for lunch!!! I LOVE Pho!!!! The vietmanese Pho in HK is not quite the same. The beef broth is DTF!



Then we went to Pasadena to have dinner with couson Tim. He brought us to an awesome Mexican restaurant with live music and good food. Mexican food is the next thing that I craved after Denny's and Vietnamese Pho. =)



They were sing a song for Anson. To congratulate him for getting his new job! Cheers~

Cousin, bro & wife, & I went to see The Hulk after dinner. It's not as good as Iron Man, but I still enjoyed it. I haven't see a movie in such a big movie theatre in a long time. Theatres in HK are just too small =)
Today. I was just chilling and Anson's. Got a nice tan by the pool and kept pouring down California wine. LOL!
Stay tuned for 回鄉探親 part II!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Danny's!! LONG LONG LONG TIME AGO HK also had Danny's, i remember at that time, ppl said only "kwai" ppl hang out in there because it opened till very late! but i loved the food there. My last trip, which was ages ago, to LA & also to Vegas, my sisters and I did pay a visit to Danny's and had there great meal! Oh my, I wanna go to US again, my man says we will go there at next April/May..lets see, but i do hope so :D

enjoy your trip back home, even it's for business - aiya, so envy you have the business class esp it's free man! also envy you to the Dessert Hill Outlet!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! shop till you drop!

Anonymous said...

Oh I miss In-N-Out and that Pho thing.

Did you go to the one at Misson and Las Tunas? The pho there is soooo good. Of course, don't forget the French ice coffee.

e.w.

Jenna Michelle said...

pvc,
yuppp! i just don't know where to get american big breakfast in HK lor!! and the Desert Hill Outlet rocks!!!!! I have no more luggage space la =D

e.w.
i don't know where i had that Pho. My bro took me there, but it's soooo delicious =D I had Thai Ice Tea! It's so sweet and goooood!!! French coffee is too strong for me, but i like to have one once in a while.