Tuesday, June 24, 2008

回鄉探親II之: 友緣相聚

Left Southern California and was heading to North Cal! Hello Bay Area. What would I be doing if I never left San Jose? I ask myself this question everytime I come back to the Bay. I got one day to visit Ah Tung & Vera before going to the company conference in Monterey.

Dinner with Ah Tung in Milpitas. He's happily drinking his papaya smoothie. He always attracks attention, see the girl behind him? ;-)


Then I spent a nite at Vera's. Their couch is soooooo comfy! I'd love to take the couch home with me if my luggage is big enough. hehe... I think we're starting to look alike here... my good old DCS twin!


Next day: Off to Monterey for a week-long conference~ What do you do with a bunch of colleagues in a vacation resort without a rental car? You drink til you drop! I don't think I've consumed that much wine in one week. Thank god for Trader Joe's wonderful wine selection!


and I fell in love with White Zinfandel! It's pink and it's sweet =)


Before we say goodbye to Monterey, we visited the Aquarium there. It's an amazing aquarium with cute otters, penguins, sunfish, & lots of very cool jellyfish! The jellyfish exhibition is awesome! lots of cool jellyfish in different sharps and sizes, with sci-fi music in the background, makes me think that I've enter the jellies world.


These cute pastel color jellies are so animated-like!


See how blue the sky is?! Lovely weather. lovely people. That's the end of my June adventure.

4 comments:

unkle beach said...

妳工作個樣大至小十年,似二十三歲

Jenna Michelle said...

Haha!! Thank you ar =D I need to be more mature for work ar ma!

Anonymous said...

wahahaha, before i read the line after that pic of you with your buddy Vera, i already thought "wow, they look alike twin in this pic" :D

So, you haven't back to hk yet? the weather there was bad, today they had typhoon no.8 too!

what exactly zinfandel is? hearsay it's something like gin but with fruit flavour, is that right?

Jenna Michelle said...

pvc,

I'm back in HK la! Yes!! T8 yesterday and I got half a day off =D How's your company trip?? Did you have fun?

hum... i'm not a big wine person... but White Zinfandel is a sweet white wine to me. It's ususally pink. I like the sweetness and the colour. Most of all, it's very cheap! wahaha... only $3 to $5/bottle in the US (well, at least in California). That's all I know about this wine =P