Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dodgeball Madness!

Have you ever watched the movie Dodgeball or the old school cartoon 熱血高校? Yes, dodgeball is a real sport!



Captain Cass formed a dodgeball team a few months ago and 12 of us signed up without knowing what we're getting ourselves into. After 4 practice games, I LOVE IT! hahaa... it's a lot of fun and it's such a team sport! I love team work!! Although i don't throw hard enough, can't aim, can't catch, always think I can catch instead of dodge, and always let the other team catches my ball... I still love to play! One thing I'm good at, is to pick up the balls off the court for my teammates =P Great exercise!



We gave ourselves an interesting team name-- DLS! Any idea of what it stands for?
- D!u La Sing?
- Dodging LadieS?
- Dodgeball LoverS?
- Dog LoverS?
- D!ck LoverS?
- D!ck L!ckerS? XD
- D!ck Lover S!uts? :D
- Daddy's Little Sweetheart?
Other inputs are welcome!




When we ordered our jersey, we didn't realize it's gonna look like the Lakers jersey! I swear! I'm sticking with my lucky number 35! It was my class number back in middle school =)






MUST STRETCH
I didn't stretch last time and I pulled my right Gluteus Maximus muscle a.k.a. my left butt! LOL!! So stretching is VERY IMPORTANT! It's amazing how much our body aches after each practice. It's a lot more intensive than we all thought.





THE GAME
The object of the game is to eliminate all opposing players by getting them "OUT". This may be done by:
1. Hitting an opposing player with a LIVE thrown ball below the shoulders.
2. Catching a LIVE ball thrown by your opponent before it touches the ground.

Definition: LIVE: A ball that has been thrown and has not touched anything, including the floor/ground, another ball, another player, official or other item outside of the playing field (wall, ceiling, etc)



THE OPENING RUSH
Game begins by placing the dodgeballs along the center line – three (3) on one side of the center hash and three (3) on the other. Players then take a position behind their end line. Following a signal by the official, teams may approach the centerline to retrieve the balls. This signal officially starts the contest. Teams may only retrieve the three (3) balls to their right of the center hash. Once a ball is retrieved it must be taken behind the attack-line before it can be legally thrown.



TIMING AND WINNING A GAME
The first team to legally eliminate all opposing players will be declared the winner. A 3-minute time limit has been established for each contest. If neither team has been eliminated at the end of the 3 minutes, the team with the greater number of players remaining will be declared the winner. Details on overtime can be found in the NADA Rule Book.



Sorry for messing with your eyes with this blurry picture! I'll bring a better camera next time... or bring a friend who has a better camera with photography skills ;P


Go Team DLS!!!




credit: Official Rules found on http://www.dodgeballusa.com/rules.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, when i saw the jersey, i also thot about Lakers! lol

DLS = Dodgeball Ladies Shaal (索) or Dodgeball Ladies Star (sounds not so make sense) or Dai Lok Si (大碌屎) :p

你stretching駛唔駛勁到個頭可以壓到knee到!佩服佩服 :D

anf said...

I was imagining you guys in the scenes of Dodgeball hahah~~ who will be Ben Stiller?

Jenna Michelle said...

reb,
hahahhahaha... laugh me dead! DLS stands for way too many things and most of them are XXX or really funny =P
haha... i'm flexible la! what can I say? haha...

anf,
LOL! you saw the movie too? Our team just saw the movie together at captain's house rite before the game on Friday! Learned the 5 D's. Stupid movie but we loved it!