Monday, January 3, 2011

My 2010

Happy 2011 everyone!

It's time of the year again to review what i have done last year... I usually post up fun and loving pictures to convince myself what a great year I have had. Not this year. I feel like I have accomplished absolutely nothing in 2010. Let's see... I had a nervous breakdown in Jan and enrolled myself in my own 4S rehab program:

1. Slow down. Telling myself I don't need to fill up my schedule everyday, every week.
2. Spend more time at home. It is worth more of my time than my hobbies.
3. Sacrifice. Don't be a FOMO all the time. Need to believe that I won't be forgotten if I don't make it to every social event.
4. Schedule wisely. Make good use of my Saturdays!

Then I bought 20DVDs and 30 books. Ended up reading 2 of them, and a stack of DVDs that's now laying dustily in my room. Failed to free up my schedule as dodgeball season continues and ridiculously joined 3 dodgeball teams at the same time. I didn't even have time for dance classes with the off-the-hook busy dodgeball schedule, traveling to HK side at least 3 times a week late at night... However, once the dodgeball season was over, I felt emptier than ever!

Part of the de-FOMO process was to cut down my partying activities. So I haven't been to LKF as much as I used to. Instead of LKF, I have migrated to the dark side! hahaa... MK or TST ghetto bars ROCKS!!!! No more dressing up with feet-killing heels, and cocktail sipping. Somehow the dark side migration = not partying... but really, it's still partying, just in a more down-to-earty-not-dressing-up way.

2010 was a year of materialism... got super inspired by Helen To & I've been shopping like I have a sugar daddy... but I don't. Got a few truly unnecessary items that the shallow me enjoyed wholeheartedly. Traveling was also a big part of my 2010 spending, CNY Phuket trip, April Osaka Lady GaGa trip, Shanghai+ TPE biz trip, Taipei EMB offsite, U.S. of A. shopping spree, & another TPE trip... I know... super FU CHIN! I guess my FuChin-ness made up what it seemed to be a fabulous (yet meaningless) year.

Going forward, I'd like to make my 2011 resolution simple: take my daily multivitamins, keep exercising, & spend more time with family. Treasure my days with Mallow xoxo

6 comments:

Onn said...

Happy new year!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Anyhow, do whatever you would like to do.
e.w.

Jenna Michelle said...

Happy New Year Onn & e.w.!!! Can't believe you guys are still reading my blog! touched T.T

BFF said...

Yes! Life is too short to be wasting time - work towards your 2011 resolution!!!
I wanna be the Godmother of a rabbit baby XD

Jenna Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yes I still visit your blog. It's just too lazy (and a bit shy) to leave comment. Same as usual in L.A...South Coast, Outlets, Pho, in-n-out, California Cuisine, and 9% sales tax. Keep it up!
e.w.