Monday, January 17, 2011

Queensland Floods

Was watching the news on the train ride home a few days ago about the flooding in Queensland. A video clip was showing a woman holding her dog was standing on top of her house being washed down the river. Yes! The whole house was moving down along in the raging river. If nobody safes them soon, they will go down with the house any minute. Rescuers throw a rope down when she was about to pass by. The woman was holding her dog in one arm and jump to catch the rope with her other free hand. My heart skipped a beat when she jumped! She caught the rope but was immersed in the raging waters, holding on to her dog and the rope while catching her breathe! Next thing i saw was that the dog was gone and she was holding on to the rope with both her hands, trying not to let go. Thank God the woman was then saved. They pulled her up at last.

Since then, I couldn't stop thinking of the dog. The woman must have tried very hard not to let go. If it was me, I'd try my very best not to let go of my dog too. Mallow is a part of me and would hate myself to lose her from my own hand. Will I hold on to Mallow or to the rope if I have a choice? My heart goes to all the victims and pets affected by the Queensland floods.


Mallow I woof you!

3 comments:

DOUBLECHIN™ said...

mellow愈黎愈得意囉~

Jenna Michelle said...

佢老啦!9歲半啦~ 越老越可愛:)

imy said...

I think Mallow will hold on to the rope and have you on her back!